7913-17 Construction Rigger
Assembles and installs rigging gear, such as cables, ropes, pulleys and winches to lift, lower, move or position machinery, structural steel or other heavy objects.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
- erects lifting tackles by attaching pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures, erecting gin poles, securing winches, erecting temporary jibs or derricks and installing cables and attaching counterweights
- attaches slinging gear to hoisting equipment and objects to be moved, using clamps, hooks, bolts and knots
- directs crane or winch operators to lift, move and position objects
- constructs suspended work platforms, swing stages and bosun's chairs, and attaches guard rails and wire meshing
- erects cranes and booms, and increases the height of tower cranes by bolting component parts in place and rigging cables
- erects barricades and warning signs where lifting operations are in progress
- inspects, maintains and repairs equipment
- splices ropes and cables to make slings and tackle
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram