2222-11 Sales Representative (Industrial Products)
Represents companies in selling a range of specialised chemicals, machinery, manufacturing materials or other industrial supplies.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- compiles lists of prospective customers using trade directories and other sources
- visits regular and prospective agricultural and industrial businesses, to establish and act on selling opportunities
- assesses business requirements, and recommends industrial products that provide appropriate technical solutions or reselling opportunities
- advises customers on product selection, modification, use and associated safety and legislative requirements and storage
- sells agricultural chemicals such as insecticides, fertilisers, superphosphate, and industrial chemicals such as dyes, adhesives and synthetic substitutes
- quotes prices and credit terms, records orders, completes sales contracts, and arranges deliveries
- arranges the installation and testing of products or systems
- follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction with products purchased, and arranges modifications or other remedies needed
- monitors customers' changing needs and competitor activity, and reports on these developments to sales management
- prepares sales reports, maintains and submits records of business expenses incurred
- may demonstrate and train customers in the use of products
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram