3999-11 Interior Decorator
Plans the interior design of commercial and residential premises and arranges for decorating work to be done.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- inspects premises and plans of premises to be decorated
- consults with clients to determine decorating requirements
- draws preliminary decoration schemes for approval
- prepares final decoration plans including quotes and costs for work and materials
- supervises decorating work or performs work personally
- prepares accounts and arranges payment for subcontractors
- may operate a retail outlet for furnishings and related items