7995-13 Forestry Worker
Assists in the cultivation, maintenance and protection of forests.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- maintains forest roads, buildings, facilities, signs and equipment
- observes forest areas and maintains look-out for fires
- collects and cultivates seeds and plants them
- applies fertilisers and insecticides to trees and general forest areas
- kills weeds, fells or de-barks non-productive trees and thins young plantations
- prepares firebreaks
- cuts firewood