UNIT GROUP 2222 TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVES
TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVES represent companies in selling a range of industrial, technical, medical and pharmaceutical goods and services to industrial, business, professional or other establishments.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- compiling lists of prospective customers using trade directories and other sources
- acquiring and updating knowledge of employer's and competitors' products and understanding market conditions
- assessing customers' needs and explaining and demonstrating products or services to them
- quoting and negotiating prices, credit terms, completing contracts and recording orders
- arranging for delivery of goods, installation of equipment and the provision of services
- reporting to sales management on sales made and the marketability of products