8319-11 Railways Assistant
Assists in the operation and maintenance of facilities at railway stations.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- updates platform indicators showing train times and destinations
- cleans station facilities and removes rubbish from platforms and bins
- collects tickets at barriers or checks tickets of passengers as they enter platforms
- travels in railway guard van
- gives signals for train's departure from station platform
- may shunt trains at country stations and operate signals
- may sell tickets and advise passengers on timetables or other inquiries