4413-11 Roof Slater and Tiler
Cover roofs with tiles, sheets or shingles to form a waterproof surface.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- studies drawings, specifications and work sites to determine materials required
- erects ladders and scaffolds
- places and secures waterproof sheets over eaves
- nails or staples roofing underlay to roofs
- aligns starter rows of roofing material with edges of roofs, and secures with wire, staples or nails
- overlaps successive layers of tiles
- sizes and cuts roofing material to fit around vents, chimney edges, corners and ridges
- slips roofing material under pre-fabricated flashing and nails it down
- fixes edge and ridge tiles in cement mortar
- caulks exposed nail heads and flashing to prevent leaks
- may lay aluminium or steel tiles