Construction Project Manager
Building and Construction Manager
Manages the construction of buildings and other structures and organises the physical and human resources involved in the construction process.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- interprets architectural drawings, specifications and bills of quantities
- consults with architects, engineers and other professional and technical workers
- negotiates with building owners, property developers and subcontractors
- controls preparation of tender estimates and contract bids
- assesses the size and scope of the building or site development and creates and implements coordinated programs for site activities and work control systems
- coordinates labour resources, procurement and delivery of materials, plant and equipment
- creates and implements coordinated programs for site activities and work control systems
- ensures adherence to building legislation and standards of building performance
- may be involved in the development of government and corporate building policies