Makes and repairs boots or shoes.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- designs patterns or prototypes
- makes and grades patterns using manual or computerised methods
- clicks synthetics, corrected grains, leather linings and leather outers by hand or machine
- grades leather
- lasts shoes by hand or machine
- cleans and finishes shoes
- machines uppers using hand and machine techniques
- constructs components by hand or machine and put shoes together using cement, moulding or other methods
- may carry out minor maintenance on machinery