Aircraft Safety Equipment Worker
Aircraft Life Support Fitter
Maintains aircrew rescue and survival equipment and installs aircraft soft furnishings.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- removes, inspects, repairs and installs aircraft rescue, protection and survival equipment
- installs and repairs aircraft soundproofing materials, interior trims and other soft furnishings
- coordinates activities with aircrew and other tradespersons
- maintains registers of equipment and supplies, repair orders and other records
- manufactures, tests, repairs and maintains equipment including protective flying helmets, oxygen masks, parachute assemblies, life-rafts, restraint harnesses and survival kits
- may inspect and test rescue procedures and related equipment
- may instruct aircrew in the operation of safety and survival equipment
- may handle explosive ordnance