6399-17 Pest and Weed Controller
Applies pest and weed management techniques to kill or control pests and weeds in domestic, commercial and industrial areas, roadsides, private and public lands.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
- inspects buildings and surrounding areas to detect signs of termites, rodents or other pests and weed infestation
- determines types of treatment and provides estimates of costs
- mixes chemicals for pest and weed control and operates pumps to inject or spray pesticides or herbicides
- dusts infested areas with insecticidal powder
- eradicates noxious plants on private and public land
- advises on weed control and prevention techniques
- uses manual and electric hand tools to gain access to floor, wall and roof cavities
- sets mechanical traps and places poisonous baits in infested areas
- proofs buildings against birds, insects, possums and other pests
- seals vents and other openings prior to fumigating
- fumigates storage spaces, house furnishings and clothing