4982-13 Glass Blower
Blows and shapes free-form glass objects and standard shaped glassware.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- examines sketches and drawings, develops specifications, conceives shapes for objects and determines type of glass to be used
- dips ends of blowpipes into molten glass tanks and blows through pipes to inflate gobs of molten glass
- rotates pipes to form shapes, prevent sagging, and maintain density and colour
- reheats, shapes, forms and joins tubing or individual parts of objects to create forms
- draws, shapes and shears extended sections
- measures products or checks against patterns to verify dimensions
- blows objects inside moulds
- uses compressed air to form shapes
Glass Blowing Lathe Operator