Plants, cultivates and harvests trees, shrubs, ornamental and flowering plants in plant nurseries.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- prepares potting media and containers before planting
- selects seeds, bulbs or cuttings and plants them in beds, lawn areas or tubs
- performs budding or grafting activities
- waters plants manually and controls automatic watering operations
- applies pesticides to control pests, diseases, weeds and nutritional and environmental plant disorders
- keeps records of soil mixtures, plantings, treatments, losses and yields
- selects plants and packages them for presentation or delivery
- advises customers on the care of plants and the most appropriate plants for local conditions
- may plan sales area layouts and visual merchandise presentation