4914-11 Screen Printer
Prepares stencils and sets up and operates power-driven or hand-operated screen printers.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- operates photographic or electronic reproduction devices
- prepares stencils using computer or hand-cut methods
- selects, mixes and matches coloured inks and loads into presses
- loads paper, fabric, plastic or other material stock and adjusts registers of feeder mechanisms
- controls machines and inspects quality of printing
- loads printed items into drying racks, and unloads and stacks dry items
- carries out general finishing operations
- performs routine maintenance of machines and attachments
- reclaims screens
- may prepare art work and set type
- may supervise other screen printers and printing hands
Screen Printing Stencil Preparer