Maintains and evaluates records of financial transactions in account books or computerised accounting systems.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- prepares end of month postings in books of account such as sales, purchases and cash journals or in computerised accounting systems
- posts and balances ledgers
- verifies the accuracy of documents and records relating to financial transactions
- prepares budget or income and expenditure reports
- prepares profit and loss statements and trial balances
- assists in the preparation of accounts and management reports
- may assist in the supervision of accounts staff