3112-13 Earth Science Technical Officer
Collects and tests earth and water samples, records observations and analyses data in support of Geologists and Geophysicists.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- collects and collates information from geological field surveys, seismic surveys, meteorological observations and other earth science surveys
- prepares and tests samples
- analyses data using methodologies prescribed by earth scientists to interpret survey results
- presents results in graphic or written form by preparing maps, charts, diagrams or reports
- checks, calibrates and maintains testing equipment
- may investigate various geographical, geophysical or geological specialties such as water resources, climate and weather, mineral extraction, magnetic measures or gravity measurement
Geological Technical Officer
Hydrographical Technical Officer
Hydrological Technical Officer
Seismology Technical Officer
Soil Science Technical Officer
Water Resources Technical Officer