8211-13 Sales Assistant (Fabric, Clothing and Footwear)
Sells soft furnishings, manchester, clothing or footwear in retail or wholesale establishments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- sells products such as footwear, haberdashery, clothing, soft furnishings and manchester items including sheets, towels, pillowcases and quilts
- operates cash registers, accepts payments and prepares sales invoices
- stacks and displays items for sale and wraps and packs goods sold
- takes customers' measurements to select correct sizes of goods
- arranges for clothes to be altered to fit customers
- calculates length of fabrics when material is sold
- checks stock and participates in stocktakes
- may suggest and display accessories and colour combinations of fabrics or clothes