7291-13 Plastics Compounding and Reclamation Machine Operator
Operates mixing and grinding machines to prepare plastic powders, liquid blends or recycle waste plastic materials from factory operations.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- determines mixing requirements and feeds measured quantities of ingredients into mixing machines
- blends ingredients according to consistency or quality requirements
- adds colourants and chemical additives to mixtures
- monitors instruments and adjusts controls to regulate the speed and temperature of machines during mixing operations
- carries out prescribed checks and takes samples for laboratory testing
- moves blended material to storage containers or to machines for further processing
- cleans and maintains machines and equipment
- maintains production records
- may granulate reclaimed plastic waste
Pelletising Extruder Operator
Powder Hand (Plastics)