Operates a still camera to take photographs.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- consults with clients to determine objectives of photographic assignment
- studies requirements of assignment and decides on type of camera, film and lighting
- works from a studio or transports and sets up equipment at assigned locations
- measures lighting levels and determines exposure
- adjusts camera angle, aperture settings and subject to achieve desired composition
- rearranges lighting and filters to accentuate highlights and colours
- may mix photographic chemicals and processes film
- may make enlarged prints and mounts or frames prints
- may work with digital technology and manipulate resulting images on computer systems