1212-11 Company Secretary
Plans, administers and reviews corporate compliance activities and effective practice concerning company board meetings and shareholdings.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- arranges and gives notice of meetings of directors and shareholders
- attends board and shareholder meetings, and directs the preparation of agendas, minutes, resolutions and associated records of proceedings
- controls the seal of the corporation, and arranges its use, together with signatures, on official documents
- maintains the company and subsidiary share registers, and accounts for dividend payments
- liaises with other managers, auditors, stockbrokers, bankers, legal advisers and other parties concerned with the acquisition and distribution of assets and share transfers
- oversees preparation of the company's annual report
- advises the corporation's board concerning compliance with Corporations Law, Stock Exchange listing rules and other relevant legislation and corporate practice
- may manage staff supporting the company secretariat function