UNIT GROUP 4413 ROOF SLATERS AND TILERS
ROOF SLATERS AND TILERS cover roofs with tiles, sheets or shingles to form a waterproof surface.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- placing and securing waterproof sheets over eaves
- nailing or stapling roofing underlay to roofs
- aligning starter rows of roofing material with edges of roofs, securing with wire, staples or nails, and overlapping successive layers of tiles
- sizing and cutting roofing material to fit around vents, chimney edges, corners and ridges
- fixing edge and ridge tiles in cement mortar