Researches the history of human activity and prepares accounts of findings.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- undertakes research into the history of human activity
- assembles historical data by consulting sources of information such as historical indexes and catalogues, archives, court records, diaries, newspaper files and other materials
- organises and evaluates data on the basis of authenticity and significance
- prepares and presents findings
- advises individuals, institutions and commercial organisations on historical matters
- assist with the setting up and supervision of museums and exhibitions
- may trace historical development within restricted fields of research such as economics, sociology or philosophy
- may prepare and deliver history lectures and conduct tutorials