Plans and organises the operations of wholesale trading establishments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is usually a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- identifies local and overseas business opportunities for the wholesale trading of food, consumer durables and other merchandise and determines the mix of products and services to be provided
- researches regulatory and statutory requirements affecting the wholesaling and distribution of goods
- develops a business plan and implements marketing, operating, personnel, pricing and credit policy and procedures
- liaises with local and overseas manufacturers and retailers about orders, products, merchandising and promotional activities
- oversees the displays and sale of merchandise and preparation of product information for customer service staff and customers
- monitors the performance of the business and prepares estimates, financial statements and reports of operations
- implements after-sales service procedures