Training and Development Officer
Plans, develops, implements and evaluates training and development programs, to ensure management and staff acquire the skills and develop the competencies required by the organisation.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- identifies and determines the need for training, through identifying competencies and defining training requirements in the work environment
- designs, develops and assesses staff training and development, through the use of plans, programs and methods that support the organisation's human resource development strategy
- sets human resource development objectives and evaluates learning outcomes
- compiles training manuals, visual aids and materials
- assesses computer-aided instruction and other training methods
- liaises with external training providers to arrange delivery of specific training or development programs
- provides information to promote internal and external training and development, and evaluates these promotional activities
- advises management on the development and placement of staff and provides career counselling sessions for employees