UNIT GROUP 6192 LIBRARY ASSISTANTS
LIBRARY ASSISTANTS issue, receive and shelve library items and maintain associated records.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least one years relevant experience.
- issuing library items to borrowers
- sorting and shelving returned items
- locating and retrieving items on request
- maintaining records and index systems
- issuing overdue notices and receiving fines
- assisting in preparing displays and promotional activities