3121-19 Plumbing Inspector
Inspects plumbing work to ensure compliance with relevant standards and regulations.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- interprets plumbing specifications, regulations and codes of practice
- inspects plumbing works in progress to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and regulations, and that proper techniques and materials are used
- maintains records of plumbing progress and departures from design drawings or specifications
- provides advice to consumers and tradespersons
- assesses plumbing specifications submitted for approval
- may inspect existing plumbing to assess condition
Gas Plumbing Inspector
Sanitary Plumbing and Water Supply Inspector