UNIT GROUP 3911 POLICE OFFICERS
POLICE OFFICERS protect and preserve property, public order and safety through the enforcement of laws.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- maintaining public order and safety
- patrolling assigned areas to minimise potential for public disturbance and crime
- investigating accidents, crimes, minor offences and citizens' complaints, gathering evidence, pursuing, arresting and interviewing suspected criminals
- testing persons suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs and issuing infringement notices for traffic offences
- attending community meetings and answering queries from the public
- providing counselling to victims of crime and their families
- supervising and coordinating the activities of police officers
- maintaining records and preparing reports