UNIT GROUP 4911 GRAPHIC PRE-PRESS TRADESPERSONS
GRAPHIC PRE-PRESS TRADESPERSONS compose and set type and graphics into a format for printing or other visual media.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- operating graphic cameras or other photographic equipment to reproduce camera ready copy onto films
- operating plate making equipment to reproduce images from film to printing plates
- operating computer screen based equipment for scanning, colour separation, colour correction, masking, creative design, combining, imposing, retouching, or other processes used to transfer copy to film and produce film for plate or cylinder productions
- developing film manually or by film processor
- carrying out chemical proofing from negative or positive film
- printing proofs and checking them for quality
- preparing and exposing carbon tissue for laying on cylinders by transfer method, then developing image