UNIT GROUP 3492 DENTAL ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS
DENTAL ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS examine and treat ailments of the teeth and gums under the supervision of dentists, carry out preventative therapy, and construct and repair dentures and other dental devices.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- carrying out oral examinations and checking teeth and gums for signs of decay and disease
- providing educational programs to motivate children, parents and the community in matters relating to oral health
- issuing pre- and post-operative instructions to patients
- applying therapeutic agents and fissure sealants to teeth
- scaling, polishing and root planing teeth
- polishing dental restorations
- constructing dentures