UNIT GROUP 5994 INSURANCE RISK SURVEYORS, INVESTIGATORS AND LOSS ADJUSTERS
INSURANCE RISK SURVEYORS, INVESTIGATORS AND LOSS ADJUSTERS inspect insured properties to evaluate conditions affecting underwriting standards, conduct investigations into insurance claims to ensure their validity, or inspect and assess the damage or loss to insured property or business, and estimate insurance costs.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- inspecting property, buildings and operations of commercial and industrial establishments, to assess physical conditions and work practices
- evaluating the adequacy of security, fire and related systems
- preparing reports and recommending action to reduce risks
- compiling data which influence the determination of premium rates
- inspecting the scenes of accidents and other incidents to determine causes and effects
- interviewing witnesses, preparing statements and reports
- inspecting damaged buildings, equipment or motor vehicles and estimating the cost of repairs
- estimating business losses resulting from fire, theft or other business disruptions
- reporting the extent of damage and estimated costs to the insurer