UNIT GROUP 3212 FINANCIAL DEALERS AND BROKERS
FINANCIAL DEALERS AND BROKERS conduct financial market transactions on behalf of clients, offer advice on financial matters, sell insurance, buy and sell commodities, determine risks and accept bets on the outcome of racing and other events.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- obtaining information on securities, market conditions, government regulations and financial circumstances of clients
- executing orders in the market place on behalf of clients and offering advice on financial matters such as stocks and bonds, market conditions and the history and prospects of corporations
- recording and transmitting buy or sell orders
- calculating and recording costs of transactions
- developing lists of investments for clients
- planning buying and selling activities
- interviewing prospective clients to explain insurance policy conditions, risks covered, premium rates and benefits, and making recommendations on the amount and type of cover
- offering and varying odds on competitors after considering the type of event, handicaps, weather conditions, and odds offered by other bookmakers