UNIT GROUP 9917 CONCRETERS
CONCRETERS pour, spread, smooth and finish concrete for structures such as floors, stairs, ramps, footpaths and bridges.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- erecting concrete form work and laying steel reinforcing
- pouring, spreading and levelling concrete using screeds or templates
- tamping, smoothing, shaping and sealing concrete
- operating trowelling machines to float, trowel and polish concrete surfaces
- forming expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers and straight- edges
- installing fixtures in concrete, such as anchor bolts, steel plates and door sills