2421-13 University Tutor
Conducts tutorials in one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at a university.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration and licensing may be required.
- conducts tutorials, seminars and laboratory sessions under the direction of other academic staff
- stimulates and guides class discussions
- compiles bibliographies of specialised materials for reading assignments
- marks and comments on essays, assignments and examinations
- advises students on academic and related matters
- attends departmental and faculty meetings
- may conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and prepare reports of findings for publication