2291-13 Personnel Consultant
Interviews applicants to determine their job requirements and suitability for particular jobs, and assists employers to find suitable staff.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- interviews people seeking work, and records relevant information
- arranges interviews for job seekers
- receives and records job vacancy information from employers, including details such as duties, wages and conditions of employment
- arranges training in job skills
- answers inquiries from employers and job seekers, and provides information on current job vacancies
- assists with sales and marketing duties to increase the client base, including visiting employers to discuss consultancy services and fees
- prepares resumes and correspondence
- checks references of applicants
- writes and places advertisements for jobs in newspapers