MINOR GROUP 322 FABRICATION ENGINEERING TRADES WORKERS
FABRICATION ENGINEERING TRADES WORKERS cast, shape, cut, join and finish metal.
Panel Beaters and Vehicle Body Builders are excluded from this minor group. Panel Beaters and Vehicle Body Builders are included in Minor Group 324 Panelbeaters, and Vehicle Body Builders, Trimmers and Painters.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine requirements and material, and selecting metal stock
- moulding molten metal, and applying protective and decorative finishes to metal products
- drawing and marking out patterns
- heating metal stock and shaping it using hammers
- cutting stock and moulding components to shape using hand tools, cutting torches and machine tools
- joining components by welding, soldering, brazing, riveting, bolting, screwing and gluing
- finishing products by cleaning, filing, sanding and polishing, and applying protective finishes