MINOR GROUP 712 STATIONARY PLANT OPERATORS
STATIONARY PLANT OPERATORS operate stationary plant to perform a range of activities such as extracting minerals from the earth; refining and treating metals and mineral ore, and producing basic metal products; lifting, moving and placing materials and equipment; and loading and stacking bulk materials.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- fixing attachments to plant and setting controls prior to operation
- manipulating controls to move materials between process phases
- observing operation and adjusting controls to regulate temperature, pressure, mix of materials to be processed and handled, and speed of operation
- monitoring operation of plant directly or by referring to instruments ensuring safe operation
- cleaning and lubricating plant, repairing minor defects and reporting major problems
- unloading and storing output