SUB-MAJOR GROUP 53 GENERAL CLERICAL WORKERS
GENERAL CLERICAL WORKERS perform general administrative, data entry and word processing tasks.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- receiving, sorting, opening, classifying, photocopying and filing information
- entering text and data via keyboards for further processing
- retrieving and updating data in storage and keeping records
- preparing reports, letters and similar matter
- transcribing information, and proofreading and correcting copy