MINOR GROUP 251 HEALTH DIAGNOSTIC AND PROMOTION PROFESSIONALS
HEALTH DIAGNOSTIC AND PROMOTION PROFESSIONALS conduct diagnostic tests and operate equipment to assess illnesses, incapacities and disabilities, provide health advice and develop programs and policies which promote good health, safe and healthy working environments, and administer pharmaceuticals.
Chiropractors and Osteopaths, Complementary Health Therapists, Dental Practitioners, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Podiatrists, and Speech Professionals and Audiologists are excluded from this minor group. They are included in Minor Group 252 Health Therapy Professionals.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- developing, implementing, reviewing, examining, testing and raising awareness of diets, menus and nutrition intervention programs, the nature and extent of vision problems, and patients' medicine therapy
- planning, implementing and reviewing strategies and procedures for safe, economic and suitable disposal of various wastes, and for safe work practices
- conducting research and assessing data relating to health and nutrition status of individuals, groups and communities, and to develop and improve pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and related chemical products
- producing images to assist Medical Practitioners diagnose patients' illnesses and diseases, and administering radiation treatment
- consulting with other Health Professionals, Chemists, Engineering Professionals and other professionals