UNIT GROUP 4511 BEAUTY THERAPISTS
BEAUTY THERAPISTS provide skin analyses, facial therapies, skin-care treatments and body treatments such as massage to clients.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- discussing client needs, analysing skin characteristics and advising on suitable skin care, treatments and application of make-up
- applying general cosmetic and corrective make-up
- performing manicures and pedicures including decorative nail art, application of artificial nails, nail repair, and other specialised hand and foot treatments
- performing facial and body treatments such as massages
- treating unwanted hair through waxing, bleaching, tinting, depilation and electrolysis
- evaluating beauty therapy processes and products
- receiving bookings, arranging appointments and maintaining client records
- providing advice on and selling cosmetic products
451111 BEAUTY THERAPIST
Provides skin analyses, facial therapies, skin-care treatments and body treatments such as massage to clients.
Skill Level: 3
Electrologist (Hair Remover)
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram