MINOR GROUP 612 REAL ESTATE SALES AGENTS
REAL ESTATE SALES AGENTS sell, lease and manage commercial and private properties, and broker the buying and selling of businesses.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2); or
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2); or
NZQF Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- accepting and listing properties and businesses for sale and lease, conducting inspections, and advising buyers on the merits of properties and businesses and the terms of sale or lease
- advising vendors of sales and marketing options such as sale by auction and open house inspections
- cataloguing and detailing land, buildings and businesses for sale or lease, and arranging advertising
- assessing buyers' needs and locating properties and businesses for their consideration
- offering valuations and advice for buying and selling properties and businesses, and structuring the terms of settlement
- collecting and holding rent monies from tenants, and remitting to owner on agreed basis
- monitoring and addressing non-compliance with terms and conditions of tenancy and pursuing rental arrears
- developing and implementing business plans, budgets, policies and procedures for the agency
- may arrange finance, land brokerage, conveyancing and maintenance of premises
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram