Other publications and references
Australian Citizenship Council 2000, Australian Citizenship for a New Century, available on the Internet site of the Australian Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs (the Citizenship Council page at http://www.immi.gov.au/citizenship/report.htm).
Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies 1994, Encyclopedia of Aboriginal Australia, Aboriginal Studies Press, Canberra. Also available on CD-ROM.
Bureau of Immigration, Multicultural and Population Research 1978, Australian Immigration - Consolidated Statistics, No. 10, AGPS, Canberra.
Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs:
- Australian Demographic Statistics (3101.0).
- Australian Demographic Trends (3102.0).
- Australian Demography (Commonwealth Bureau of Census and Statistics, Bulletins produced 1900-1969).
- Australian Historical Population Statistics (3105.0.65.001).
- Australian Social Trends (4102.0).
- Births, Australia (3301.0).
- Census of Population and Housing, 30 June 1981: summary characteristics of persons and dwellings, Australia (2443.0).
- Census of the Commonwealth of Australia, 3rd April 1911, Volume II (Commonwealth Bureau of Census and Statistics).
- Deaths, Australia (3302.0).
- Demographic Estimates and Projections: Concepts, Sources and Methods. Available in the Statistical Concepts Library on the ABS Internet site at https://www.abs.gov.au
- Estimated Resident Population by Country of Birth, Age and Sex, Australia (3221.0).
- Experimental Estimates of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Population, 30 June 1991-30 June 1996 (3230.0).
- Experimental Projections of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Population, 30 June 1996-30 June 2006 (3231.0).
- Family Characteristics, Australia (4442.0).
- Household and Family Projections, Australia 1996-2021 (3236.0).
- Household Estimates, Australia (3229.0).
- Labour Force Status and Other Characteristics of Families, Australia (6224.0).
- Marriages and Divorces, Australia (3310.0).
- Migration, Australia (3412.0).
- Overseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia (3401.0).
- Population by Age and Sex, Australian States and Territories (3201.0).
- Population Projections, Australia 1999 to 2101 (3222.0).
- Regional Population Growth, Australia and New Zealand (3218.0)
- Year Book Australia 1994 (1301.0).
- Year Book Australia 1988 (1301.0).
- Year Book Australia 2001 (1301.0).
Hugo, G. 1986, Australia's Changing Population, Oxford University Press, Melbourne.
Hugo, G. 1999, Demographic Trends Influencing Housing Needs and Demands In Australia. Paper presented to AHURI Workshop on Innovation in Housing, Melbourne.
Hugo G. 2001, "A Century of Population Change in Australia", in Year Book Australia 2001 (1301.0).
Evans, M. 1988, "Choosing to be a citizen: the time-path of citizenship", in Australia International Migration Review, Vol. 22, No. 2.
Statistics New Zealand, National Population Estimates, March 2001 quarter.
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) 2000, Human Development Report 2000, UNDP, New York, Oxford, Oxford University Press. Also available for downloading from the UNDP Internet site (see below) at www.undp.org/hdr2000/home.html
United Nations 1999, 1997 Demographic Yearbook, United Nations, New York.
United Nations 1999, World Population Prospects, 1998 revision.
U.S. Bureau of the Census, International Data Base, at http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/idbsum.html
Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies, at http://www.aiatsis.gov.au
Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs, at http://www.immi.gov.au. The Australian Immigration Statistics page is at http://www.immi.gov.au/statistics/
United Nations Development Programme, at www.undp.org
- Annual Report (various years), DIMA, Canberra.
- 1999, Australian Citizenship, 1996 Census: Statistical Report No. 26, DIMA, Canberra.
- 2000, Fact Sheet 66, Australian Citizenship, DIMA, Canberra.
- Australian Immigration: Consolidated Statistics (various nos, various years), DIMA, Canberra.
- 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, Immigration Update, DIMA, Canberra.
- Protecting the Border: Immigration Compliance, December 1999.
- 2000, Immigration Aspects, 2000 edition.
- 2001, Fact Sheet 80, Locating Overstayers in Australia, DIMA, Canberra.
- 2001, Fact Sheet 81, Unauthorised Arrivals by Air and Sea, DIMA, Canberra.