What to expect as an ABS graduate
As an ABS graduate, you will:
- do meaningful work from day one and be valued for your unique perspective and diverse views
- be placed in a permanent full-time role
- undertake an 18-month development program, that includes rotations, senior executive shadowing, virtual, self-paced and group learning activities.
- participate in on-the-job training specific to your role.
We offer you:
- an attractive salary ($66,852 plus 15.4% superannuation)
- flexible working arrangements and generous leave entitlements that help you manage your work/life balance.
- training and development to help you build your skills
- an inclusive and diverse workplace culture
- offices in all capital cities, and Geelong
Read our Enterprise Agreement for more details on our pay and conditions.
Where you will work
Roles are available in all capital cities and Geelong.
For our data graduates, ABS offices have different work programs for data roles:
- Canberra has a large variety of work program across economics, social, population, Census, labour force statistics
- Sydney, Perth, Hobart mainly have economic statistics work program
- Brisbane has a mix of economic and social statistics
- Melbourne is mainly economic statistics work program and our Crime and Justice Statistical Centre
- Adelaide is mainly social and population statistical work program, with one economic statistical work program
- Geelong roles will be in our National Data Acquisition Division
- Darwin's work program is predominantly our Centre for Aboriginal and Torres Islander Statistics
When you will start
While the formal program begins in February 2022, many of our graduates are given the opportunity to start as a non-ongoing or permanent employee earlier. Your availability to start early will have no bearing on your assessment of suitability.
To find out more email email@example.com or phone 1800 249 583.