This group covers R&D directed towards the processing of wood, and the manufacture of wood products, paper and paper products.
- log sawmilling and wood chipping;
- timber dressing;
- manufacturing of wooden structural fittings;
- manufacturing of plywood and veneer and particle boards of wood;
- manufacturing of wood pulp and paper;
- manufacturing of paper products; and
- printing and publishing processes.
This group has six objectives:
860501 Paper Products (incl. Coated Paper)
860502 Printing and Publishing Processes
860503 Pulp and Paper
860504 Reconstituted Timber Products (e.g. Chipboard, Particleboard)
860505 Wood Sawing and Veneer
860599 Wood, Wood Products and Paper not elsewhere classified
a) Harvest and transportation of logs and forest products is included in Group 8201 Forestry.
b) Prefabrication of wooden buildings and the manufacture of wooden furniture are included in Group 8699 Other Manufacturing.
c) Printing and publishing of newspapers and other media publications is included in Group 8904 Media Services.