UNIT GROUP 4214 VEHICLE PAINTERS
VEHICLE PAINTERS prepare surfaces of vehicles, match and mix colours and apply paint.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing vehicle surfaces by filing, chiselling or sanding
- masking areas not to be painted by covering with masking tape and paper
- selecting or mixing paint shades to match vehicle colour
- applying primer and finish coats with spray-guns, and rubbing down surfaces between coats
- removing masking papers, waxing and polishing finished paintwork