UNIT GROUP 2521 LEGAL PROFESSIONALS
LEGAL PROFESSIONALS provide legal advice, prepare and draft legal documents, conduct negotiations on behalf of clients and plead cases before civil, criminal and industrial courts and other tribunals.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- receiving written information in the form of briefs and verbal instructions concerning cases
- researching statutes and previous court decisions relevant to cases
- providing advice and written opinions on points of law
- interviewing clients and recommending or undertaking appropriate legal action
- preparing cases for court by conducting investigations, undertaking research, arranging witnesses, and giving notice of court actions
- representing clients in court
- outlining the facts to the court, calling and questioning witnesses, and making addresses to the court to argue a client's case
- preparing contracts of sale, mortgage documents, lease documents and other documents relating to the purchase of land or buildings