9213-13 Meat Boner and Slicer
Trims and cuts meat from bones, sides or carcasses.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- operates switching controls to direct and drop carcasses of beef or meat cuts from supply rails to boning tables
- cuts meat to separate from bones
- prises bones loose from meat and places trimmings and bones in separate containers
- washes, scrapes or trims foreign material and blood from meat
- removes boned meat, trimmings and bones to other tables, conveyors, buckets or trucks for further processing
- cuts sides or quarters of meat into standard meat cuts such as rumps, flanks and shoulders to shape them and remove internal fat, blood clots, bruises and other matter to prepare them for packing and marketing
- trims residual meat from bones using chisels and hand or electric powered knives
- may roll and tie boned meat cuts to make roasts
- may package meat cuts for distribution and sale