UNIT GROUP 2211 ACCOUNTANTS
ACCOUNTANTS plan and provide accounting systems and services relating to the financial dealings of enterprises and individuals, and advise on associated record-keeping and compliance requirements.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- assisting in the formulation of budgetary and accounting policies
- preparing financial statements for presentation to boards of directors, management, shareholders, and statutory bodies
- conducting financial investigations, undertaking audits, preparing reports, and advising on such matters as the purchase and sale of businesses, mergers, capital financing, suspected fraud, insolvency and taxation
- examining operating costs and the income and expenditure of institutions
- providing assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
- providing financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations