8319-15 Sterilisation Technology Worker
Cleans, sterilises and packages surgical instruments and other hospital equipment, soft goods and linen in sterilisation service departments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- collects, disassembles, cleans and decontaminates soiled items
- inspects cleaned items
- checks and assembles instruments, instrument sets and trays
- sorts and packages linen and instruments
- sterilises equipment, linen and soft goods
- stores and distributes sterilised items
- ensures sterilisation equipment is properly maintained