UNIT GROUP 1192 IMPORTERS, EXPORTERS AND WHOLESALERS
IMPORTERS, EXPORTERS AND WHOLESALERS plan, organise and administer the activities of businesses conducting operations in importing, exporting and wholesale trade.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- identifying local and overseas business opportunities
- determining the mix of products and services to be provided and negotiating conditions of trade
- researching regulatory and statutory requirements affecting the importing, exporting, wholesaling and distribution of goods
- developing a business plan and implementing marketing, operating, personnel, pricing and credit policy and procedures
- monitoring the performance of the business and preparing estimates, financial statements and reports of operations