UNIT GROUP 2523 URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNERS
URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNERS develop and implement plans and policies for the controlled use of urban and rural land, and advise on economic, environmental and social needs of land areas.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- compiling and analysing data on economic, legal, political, cultural, demographic, sociological, physical and environmental factors affecting land use
- conferring with government authorities, communities, architects, social scientists, lawyers, and planning, development and environmental specialists
- devising and recommending use and development of land and presenting narrative and graphic plans, programs and designs to groups and individuals
- recommending measures affecting land use, the environment, public utilities, community facilities, housing and transportation
- advising governments and organisations on urban and regional planning and resource planning